Most people dread and stress over long-haul international flights, and it’s not for nothing. Unless you’re flying in first or business class, chances are you won’t feel super comfortable. But don’t worry, they are many ways to turn this around and have a pleasant flight – a couple of these best travel accessories for long flights and you’ll be good to go!
In this list, I have compiled the best travel accessories for long flights to make your trip easier and improve your experience. It can also be used as a carry-on packing list.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on any links and make a purchase, I’ll get a small commission, at no cost to you.
Best travel accessories for long flights:
Wearing comfortable clothes is a must on a long-haul flight, forget tight jeans and switch to a pair of comfy sweatpants or leggings. Make sure to wear layers so you can adjust to the plane temperature, it’s usually colder than not, so pack something to keep you warm.
- Sweatpants – comfy and warm, this is one of the best travel accessories for long flights.
- Sneakers – comfortable shoes when flying are a must.
- Infinity scarf – a versatile thing to have, it will keep you warm and help you avoid a sore throat if you are sensitive to air conditioning.
- Cardigan – with the AC in full blast, make sure you have a jacket or a sweater to keep you warm.
- Compression socks – if your feet and legs tend to swell up during flights, compressions socks are life saviors that will prevent your legs from swelling.
Electronics and entertainment:
Make sure to pack a couple of things to keep you busy like books, magazines, crosswords, coloring books, whatever you can think of you like doing.
If you have any other electronics make sure you put them in your carry-on and don’t forget chargers!
Snacks and drinks:
For long flights, food and drinks are usually included, but having your own provision makes it easier – you don’t have to wait for the flight attendant to bring you a glass of water every time you are thirsty, and you can eat whenever you are hungry.
The best travel accessories for long flights are gadgets that will make you feel cozy and comfortable in your seat. A good pillow, something to block out noise and lights, and you’ll start feeling better.
- Passport cover – to keep your passport safe from wear and tear, this is a must, there’s nothing worse than being forbidden to board a flight because your passport is damaged.
- Travel pillow – there are tons of different types of travel pillows, you can’t go wrong with a classical one.
- Footrest – a true game-changer, this feet “hammock” is paradise.
- Sleeping mask – make sure to opt for one that is both comfortable and blocks out light completely.
Health and beauty essentials:
On flights, your skin tend to dry out so make sure to have moisturizer and lip balm to stay hydrated. After 15 hours on a flight you might also feel gross, so having a couple of things to help you clean up will also help you feel more comfortable. Keep in mind that the amount of liquid you can bring on a plane is limited.
- Facial wipes
- Lip balm
- Toothbrush travel kit
- Hand sanitizer
- TSA approved containers
- Deodorant wipes
Important documents and things:
- Passport & ID
- Boarding pass
- Hotel booking reservation
- Credit cards
- Driving license
- Medications and prescriptions
Make sure to also check my list of travel essentials for any trip!